All that to say, I have missed my one-way dialogue!
So, I received a massage from my loving Mamaw last year for my birthday. I had a one month old at home and I was so excited to use the gift card. Needless to say, since there is just sooooo much extra time after you have a baby, I still had not used it and it is May. It expires in June. So this past week I was finally able to use it!
Only, I lost it.
With the move and all, I remember putting it in a safe place so it would not get lost. Except, it is a little too safe because I have no idea where it is. And believe me, I have searched. So much so that if I had actually unpacked all the boxes I went through, we would be completely unpacked. But, I digress. It is in the house somewhere.
Enter loving dad who came to the rescue and bought me another one for my birthday!
So, there I am, laying on the table, receiving a massage that has relaxed me and my mind and I am almost asleep.
And then begins the transition from upper body to lower body. As she pulls back the blanket to uncover my left leg, my mind immediately perks up.
And this is how I know I have been married to Aaron for a while.
I cannot help but think, "I wonder if anyone has ever 'dutch-ovened' a massage therapist. They are moving right along, pull back the covers and BAM, a wall of stink hits them in the face."
And then I think, "oh my, am I seriously laying here, in the midst of relaxation, thinking about farts?!"
At this point, any ability to clear my mind and really take advantage of the alone, quiet time, has deserted me.
Good try, Krista. Maybe next time.
Have a wonderful weekend my friends!! Many blessings (and no Dutch ovens!)
No comments:
Post a Comment