"The great thing to remember is that, though our feelings come and go, His love for us does not. It is not wearied by our sins, or our indifference; and, therefore, it is quite relentless in its determination that we shall be cured of those sins, at whatever cost to us, at whatever cost to Him."
- C.S. Lewis

Sunday, February 8, 2015

{24 weeks}

So, here we are! 24 weeks today. I have to say, it feels like this pregnancy has flown by.  Yet, on the other hand, I remember each week earlier on, because each week came it a new experience.

Week 14- our first trip to Colombus Isle together (alone, at last!)
Week 15- our first trip to the Emergency Room with Brayden
Week 16- our first flu, experienced as a whole household
Week 17- my first time EVER not seeing my mom on Christmas
Week 18- Aaron's first time throwing up with the kids in the house and mommy was at work (Nana to the rescue)
Week 29- Mom's (successful) 50th birthday surprise party
Week 21- our daughter left single digits behind :(

It has been a busy few months!

We have decided NOT to find out the sex of this child, which is a first for us also. It is very exciting, but it has driven our other family members crazy!  The fun is in the guessing.  I honestly can not tell. I thought it was a girl based on how my body responded in the beginning.  I felt I was spreading rather than popping out, however, I recently reminded myself that there were only two years between this pregnancy and the last, but eight years between Abi and Brayden.  I do not think I realized the extra ten pounds I kept from Brayden had actually settled in my hips, ha!  However, my body has take on the same shape as when I was pregnant with Bray and this baby moves almost as much as he did.  Abi napped all day and moved around when I tried to go to sleep at night.

There are not any specific cravings, per se.  Now that I am finally through the first trimester and we are all done being sick, I am able to eat pretty much anything.  I have managed to keep my weight gain so far to less than ten pounds!  But, with 16 weeks to go, we will see how I do.

If you have not seen me in a month or so, my belly sure has "popped".  All of the sudden, I am pregnant!  I am at that point where people can safely ask, "Are you pregnant?" and not think, "Well, she just ate a huge cheese burger..."

Here is the belly today:



Baby #3 will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment