"The great thing to remember is that, though our feelings come and go, His love for us does not. It is not wearied by our sins, or our indifference; and, therefore, it is quite relentless in its determination that we shall be cured of those sins, at whatever cost to us, at whatever cost to Him."
- C.S. Lewis

Thursday, February 12, 2015

As promised, day #1

Well!  Day #1 proved to be a success, sort of.

I increased my fluid intake, which is hard.  It amazes me how some of our heart failure patients have such a difficult time restricting themselves to 2000 ml per day when I find it hard to meet my minimum requirements!  I have a feeling it is more a matter of, "you only want it when you are told you can not have it".  Anyway, I reached my goal of 64 ounces yesterday, woo hoo!

Dinner went well, also.  I found some fabulous recipes, which I have pinned to my Pinterest board, and you can find it here.  We grilled honey mustard chicken, baked garlic smashed potatoes and oven roasted parmesan zucchini.  It was a wonderful dinner!  I am not big on taking food pictures, plus, the websites for the original recipes have great photos.

My only hiccup came with my first official "workout".  Being pregnant and not particularly active before pregnancy, I am approaching this with low-intensity in mind.  I found a wonderful pilates workout online:


There are five 10-minute workouts targeting different areas.  However, when I got to the core section I realized I am going to have to modify a lot of what I will do.  You see, not having ever really focused on being physically fit, I have had no core strength.  Unfortunately, having children, gaining all the weight I did the first time, and not working on rehabbing my abdominal muscles, I have been left with diastasis recti, meaning there is separation in the rectus abdominis muscles.  Anyone can suffer from this, not just pregnant women/postnatal moms.  My dad actually has developed diastasis, as he has carried his excess weight in his abdomen.  If you are lying on your back, place your hand on your belly, close to your navel.  If you raise your upper body into a crunch position, you can feel the right and left sides of the rectus abdominis.  If there is a space, or even a bulge like I have currently, BINGO!  The varying degrees depend on fingertip widths you can fit into the space.



There are so many exercises that those with diastasis recti should avoid!  I am just really beginning my research on it, but will work hard to bring you safe options if you have found that you have this issue also.

Remember, beauty is not defined by one person and it must be felt inward before it can be felt outward!  God made you exactly the way HE meant to!

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment