I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, consisting of the lovely glucose test, an even more dreadful weigh-in and a surprise Tdap booster!
That awful drink. It is like a mix of the sweetest fruit punch you have ever tasted, mixed in with some really flat Sprite. And you have to get it down in five minutes or less. I have never asked what happens if you do not succeed in the five minutes actually. Mostly because I chug it down fast. I can still taste it. Ick.
Six pounds in four weeks. Not a good month. I saw a different OB this time, making the rounds before delivery I suppose, and those were his exact words, "Six pounds in four weeks, huh, seems like a bit much for you." Yeah, yeah, I know. I was lazy last month. A few too many trips through the drive-thru with Bray for lunch, not enough activity, and my sweets addiction was out. of. control. Seriously. Even Abi pointed it out in casual conversation with one of our family friends. Thanks, Abs.
The scale does not bother me so much as how I feel with extra weight. While that does not seem like much in the grand scheme of life, I feel those six pounds, and I do not like it. That makes 18 total so far, with 10-12 weeks to go.
So, first things first, I have got to cut out all these sweets. Just FYI, when I say it was out of control, I mean that I could eat a half dozen cookies out of the oven, or five homemade rice krispy treats in one sitting (after lunch, and then another batch after dinner), or not just a nice serving of ice cream but a huge cup full (and rationalize by saying it was for me AND Bray), or stealing from the M&M jar we reserve for rewards when Bray goes potty like a big boy. I know, I know, they say pregnancy is the one time you can over indulge and eat all you want and get fat because you are eating "for two". However, now is not the time to adopt terrible eating habits! What you gain during pregnancy does not just fall off after the baby is born!
I would love to blame my TOTAL lack of physical activity over the last month on the fact that the weather was abysmal, but I would be lying. I do in-home workouts. However, now that the weather is a bit more spirng-like, Bray and I will be taking quite a few more walks to add to my little workouts.
Let me clarify, based on my last post. I was all gung-ho about eating healthy and blah, blah, blah. The reality is, I was active that day and the next, and then fell off the wagon! But, let's not judge!
The night of my doctor's appointment I took my first organized yoga class with a fabulous girlfriend and coworker. No better time than the present to get started! It was wonderful. Yoga is amazing for a pregnant body! Stretching and opening up all those muscles and the rib cage that is beginning to feel so squished. Hopefully, I will be able to make the class every week!
To wrap up, in honor of the whole "throw back Thursday" social media thing, here is me at 28 weeks with Bray, and me at 28 weeks with baby Wilson #3. Ah, sweet memories!
As always, God bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment