"The great thing to remember is that, though our feelings come and go, His love for us does not. It is not wearied by our sins, or our indifference; and, therefore, it is quite relentless in its determination that we shall be cured of those sins, at whatever cost to us, at whatever cost to Him."
- C.S. Lewis

Sunday, April 13, 2014

The little things

On average, Aaron and I spend about two hours a day together, sometimes three but that is pushing it.  We do not get the weekend together. We do not get a day off together at all actually. BUT my schedule at workforce switched around this week and I had today off, a Sunday. 


I do not think I have been able to see any of Abi's soccer games this season because of my schedule. But our life right now dictates my work days. However, they were in an elimination tournament this weekend and won both games yesterday, so they played again today. And then they won the first game and played again!



Not only did Aaron and I get to go to dinner with the other soccer families last night, get to wake up together this morning (AT THE SAME TIME), make a big breakfast, AND spent the whole day together as a family, but I also got to see two soccer games, watch my girl score and make some awesome plays, and got to see her take home a medal. 





I have worked every weekend since I went back to work from maternity leave, last July.  


When you do not get this quality time, you make every second count. And boy did we have an amazing day. 




I tell you, it is the little things in life we take for granted. It is the little things in life that are worth the most!



No comments:

Post a Comment