"The great thing to remember is that, though our feelings come and go, His love for us does not. It is not wearied by our sins, or our indifference; and, therefore, it is quite relentless in its determination that we shall be cured of those sins, at whatever cost to us, at whatever cost to Him."
- C.S. Lewis

Thursday, January 23, 2014

No one compares to you

I wish my hair was curly like hers....I wish my butt was that tone....If only I could have it all together like she does....

Whatever it may be, we all do it.  We compare ourselves to others. 

I am helping to plan a very close friend's baby shower. And there are 35 people coming! I do not think I know 35 close enough girlfriends to give invitations to. For my baby shower for Brayden all but five people cancelled for one reason or another at the last minute, and three of those five were my mom and two sisters!  Everyone had a legitimate reason; out of town, sick, had to work...

But yesterday I honestly started comparing myself to my dear friend and feeling sorry for myself. 

My sister very lovingly reminded me that our lives took different paths. I did not go to a four-year college, was not in a sorority, moved schools a few times when we were younger, was not from a small town, etc.

After turning this issue over and over in my head, God reminded me how much I am unique.


Comparing ourselves to each other does no good.  We are each formed by God, uniquely made to reflect Him in our own ways.  Beyond sharing the same color, a red apple and a red car are no more alike than you and I, and it is not fair to compare myself to any one other person. 

So smile today, God knows you, He formed you, He loves you. For all that you are and all that you are not.  No one compares to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment