We started the year off with a bang; the first week of January we celebrated with everyone we love the most and found out we were having a baby boy!
Then came my belly getting bigger and bigger and the anticipation of when we would get to meet Brayden for the first time. May 5, 2013, we welcomed our baby boy to the world!
Our last "selfie" as a family of 3.
Aaron, so happy to be holding his boy!
And Abi discovered what it meant to be a sister; adoring her little brother from his first little breaths and squeaky cries.
And I learned what it meant to be a mother of two, having one girl and one boy and loving each unconditionally.
Abi is my best little friend. She has taught me to appreciate her on so many different levels; she's a helper, tenderhearted and jealous, giving of herself. She nurtures in ways I did not realize she was capable. She has matured in just the short time he has been with us and I love watching her blossom. Her faith is strong and unwavering. She is amazing, and I do not use that word lightly (even though I am her mom and I would probably say it regardless).
Brayden has stolen my heart. He is a happy, smily, baby. He has such a personality! The best of his daddy's laid-back attitude and loves to smile, and I mean smile all the time. Even in the hospital the nurses would comment on how mellow he was. He is a ponderer, thinker and watches in amazement and the things going on around him. I cannot wait to see how he grows.
Of all the things I have been taught this year- the unfaltering power of God's love, true forgiveness and mercy, true unconditional love, etc- I have to say, the most powerful has been the impact of prayer. Never, ever discount the importance of prayer and a daily conversation with God. He created this world with mere words, and even in all of His wonder and might, He still loves little 'ol insignificant me and cherishes a relationship with me.
As this year quickly draws to a close, I am reminded that time is so fleeting. Make each second count. As a family, we cannot wait to make more memories to cherish forever in 2014!!



No comments:
Post a Comment